Facebook has been changing rapidly for advertisers in 2014. At Trisym, we really dig the latest looks and the newest feature to help advertisers understand their custom audiences and website custom audiences.
For ages advertisers have requested more insights into the custom audiences they upload into Facebook. When you can analyze the qualities of the audience you upload into Facebook more opportunity opens up, not just for targeting but for honing creative and messaging to reach the real interests of the audience you are targeting.
Audience Insights is built to give a window into other pages Facebook users like, the relative strength of those relationships, the cities in which people reside, and – for the first time – insights into the offline behaviors Facebook collects using third party data from Datalogix, Epsilon and Axciom. The information remains anonymous and there is no way to download the data.
“Audience Insights is different from Page Insights because it looks at trends about your current or potential customers across Facebook, whereas Page Insights looks at the interactions with your Page (i.e., likes, comments and shares).” – Facebook
Audience Insights are available to view-only within the Ad Manager for Facebook Advertisers. They offer more in depth information regarding Demographic, Page Likes, Location, Activity, Household (income) and Purchase behavior.
* Grey bars indicate Facebook averages, the blue bars show insights from your custom audience or website custom audience data.
A few keys to unlocking your audience insights:
1. The audience size must be at least 1,000 Facebook users. However, the larger the audience the better your insights will be.
2. Facebook takes at least 2 days to create audience insights after you upload your custom audience. Make sure you give yourself enough time for these to come through so you will be able to use these insights to help aid the ad creation process.
3. You can only view ages 18+, so if you are targeting a younger demographic keep in mind that data will not be included.
4. You can combine several custom audiences and WCAs together to view combined audience insights.
5. If you aren’t doing WCAs (Website Custom Audiences) or Custom Audiences at all, now is a great time to test the waters. Setting these up now will give you a critical head-start on your competition as we turn the corner toward marketing for holiday season 2014.
Check out this related article: Custom Audiences – The Most Versatile Targeting Tool in Facebook